Heath Ledger rose to fame early in his youth, and suffered from problems relating to anxiety, sleeplessness, and insomnia. His prescription medication, which included Ambien, was supposed to help. However, Ledger developed tolerance, admitted to self-medicating and increasing the dose, and eventually switched to stronger medications. In 2008, the star of the then-recent “The Dark Knight” was found dead of combined drug toxicity, a coroner’s report showing oxycodone, hydrocodone, alprazolam, diazepam, temazepam, and doxylamine in his system.
Heath Ledger’s accidental overdose likely resulted from the 28-year-old-actor’s attempts to induce sleep or calm after tolerance reduced the effectiveness of his drugs, resulting in toxicity and death.