Actor and model Daniel Mickelson died on an overdose on July 4. He was 23 years old. Los Angeles County Medical Examiner confirmed that fentanyl and cocaine toxicity caused the accidental overdose.
The news was first broken by his sister Meredith Mickelson. The model shared a picture of herself and her brother when they were younger and wrote a sweet message about him.
“There’s no words that can do him justice that I could write. To know him was to love him,” she wrote, “He was the happiest, brightest, smiley most sensitive human to exist and I’m so happy God chose me to be his sister for his whole amazing life.”
Fans and friends shared their condolences and memories of her brother under her comment section.
Friend and fellow model Ireland Basinger Baldwin commented, “I’m so sorry, sending you and your family all my love,” she wrote including a heart emoji.
His girlfriend Maddie Haley had also paid tribute to her late boyfriend on Instagram.
“I don’t want this to be real,” she wrote, “Words can’t even describe how I’m feeling right now. last night I lost my best friend in the whole world. I feel like my hearts been ripped out of my chest. Daniel you were the kindest person ever,” she finished.
Mickelson appeared in the 2019 film, The Killer Clown Meets The Candy Man, and the series Mani. Mickelson also dabbled in the fashion and design world, founding his clothing brand Kids Back Home,
Fentanyl-laced drugs have become a growing issue in Los Angeles. It has become the leading cause of accidental overdoses in celebs. The drug has claimed the lives of rapper Mac Miller, music legend Prince and actor Michael K. Williams. It was also the cause of Kate Quigley overdosing in her home along with three other friends, including comedian Fuquan Johnson. She was the only one to survive that night.
Story first found HERE